Burbank, W. S., Kelley, V. C., et.al. Colorado Scientific Society Proceedings, Vol. 14, No. 1 - 6. Denver, 1938-1946. Quarto, pp. 478, numerous text figures, folded plates and folded maps.
The volume is complete with all rare maps present. Bound in a library buckram with gilt titles. The binding is tight and clean, small catalogue number removed on lower front cover corner. Map atlas attached to rear cover. Text and all maps are bright and clean, Royal Canadian Institute stamp on upper edge of main title page with small embossed stamp below it. In very good condition.
This scare volume of the CSS is complete with all of the large folded maps present. The map atlas is usually missing from this volume since it was issued separately. The maps for the Burbank study of the Red Mountain, Sneffels, and Telluride Districts in the San Juan Mountains and the maps for the Kelley study of the Mineral Point, Poughkeepsie and Upper Uncompahgree Districts in Ouray, San Juan and Hinsdale Counties are of special interest and are very rare. Listing of the papers in this volume are:
1. Lovering T. S. and Goddard, E. N.; Explanatory Text to a Geologic Map of the Front Range Mineral Belt, Colorado. pp. 48, 1 plate, 4 figures.
2. Behre, C. H.; Preliminary Geological Report on the West Slope of the Mosquito Range in the Vicinity of Leadville, Colorado. pp. 49 - 79, 3 figures.
3. Wilkerson, A. S.; Geology and Ore Deposits of the Magnolia Mining District and Adjacent Area, Boulder County, Colorado. pp. 81-101, 10 figures, maps.
4. Goddard, E. N.; Preliminary Report on the Gold Hill Mining District, Boulder County, Colorado. pp. 102 - 139, 6 figures, maps.
5. Burbank, W. S.; Structural Control of Ore Deposition in the Red Mountain, Sneffels, andTelluride Districts in the San Juan Mountains, Colorado. pp. 141 - 261, 10 figures and maps, 3 tables, 2 very large folded maps in atlas sleeve.
6. Cox, D. C.; General Features of Colorado Fluorspar Deposits. pp. 263 - 285, 7 figures.
7. Kelley, V. C.; Geology, Ore Deposits and Mines of the Mineral Point, Poughkeepsie and Upper Uncompahgree Districts in Ouray, San Juan and Hinsdale Counties, Colorado. pp. 287 - 466, 29 figures, plans and maps and two very large folded maps in atlas case.
Index, pp. 467 - 478.