Emmons, G. H., Spurr, J. E. et.al.; Explorations in Alaska in 1898. USGS 20th Annual Report, Part VII. Washington, GPO, 1900. Quarto, pp. 509, 25 maps including folded maps in pocket, 38 plates, 27 figures.
The volume is complete and in the original brown cloth with gilt titles and cover vignette. The binding is tight, light rubbing to board and spine edges, text and maps are very clean. In very good condition.
A classic work of geological exploration in Alaska by the USGS. The volume contains five studies:
1. G. H. Eldridge; A Reconnaissance in the Sushitna Basin and Adjacent Territory, Alaska. (3 maps, six plates)
2. J. E. Spurr; A Reconnaissance in Southwestern Alaska. (11 maps, 7 plates).
3. W. C. Mendenhall; A Reconnaissance from Resurrection Bay to the Tamana River, Alaska. (3 maps, 8 plates).
4. F. C. Schrader; A Reconnaissance of a Part of Prince William Sound and the Copper River District, Alaska. (4 maps, 14 plates).
5. A. H. Brooks; A Reconnaissance in the White and Tanana River Basins, Alaska. (4 maps, 3 plates.