Royal Society of Edinburgh Transactions. Vol. 14, part 1. 1839. Quarto, pp. 358, 18 plates (many folded).
In later cloth and marbled boards. The binding is tight and clean. Old cover bound in with book plate of the AIEE. The text is clean, inner edge of title page in brittle with inscription "B. Silliman's from the society" on title page. The plates are all present and loose in a sleeve at the rear. In good + condition.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL BOOKS
Once the property of Benjamin Silliman, this volume contains sixteen papers by noted scientists of the period. Some important titles are:
??1. Sir David Brewster; On the Optical Figures Produced by the Disintegrated Surfaces of Crystals.
2. Milne, David: On the Mid-Lothian and East-Lothian Coal-Fields.
3. Forbes, James David; On Terrestrial Magnetic Intensity
4. Forbes, James David; Researches on Heat.
5. Bell, Charles; Of the Third Pair of Nerves....1st Paper.
6. Bell, Charles; Of the Third Pair of Nerves....2nd Paper.
7. Bell, Charles; Of the Third Pair of Nerves....3rd Paper.