Camborne Mining Schools; Mine Surveying Notes with Record of Survey of King Edward Mine. Cornwall, circa 1904. Quarto, pp. 75 of hand inked notes and table, survey plats of King Edward Mine property and tunnels.
In half calf with gilt cover titles, spine re-backed to match, scuffing to boards, text pages very clean. Inner hinge nicely tightened. Students name is neatly penned on the first end sheet with 1904 date.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL BOOKS.
The Camborne School of Mines (CSM) (in Cornish, Scoll Balow Cambron) was founded in 1888. CSM is located at the Tremough Campus, near Falmouth, Cornwall. The school merged with the University of Exeter in 1993.?The King Edward Mine at Camborne, Cornwall, is a mine now wholly owned by the Camborne School of Mines of the University of Exeter.
Students at the Camborne School of Mines spent much of their time doing practical mining and tin dressing work in the local tin mines. The industry was in decline and the surviving mines were falling behind technically. This was hardly ideal from the instruction point of view. The only real solution was for Camborne School of Mines to have its own underground mine thus the relationship began with the King Edward Mine.